problem opening sharepoint site

I have installed a new server with WSS 3.0.  I can open the SharePoint site from the local computer, but I cannot get to it from another computer.  I installed it as a stand alone server, it is a member of my domain.  I have a development server that was not a member of the domain (it is it's own DC) that I have no problems connecting to.  The IIS settings are the same on both servers. I the only difference is the one the I can't connect to is a member of the domain.  I know this has got to be simple but I am not seeing it.

solution :

I knew it was simple.  Windows firewall.  I was not the one who configured the new server and assumed that the firewall would be off or configured properly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"There's a configuration problem preventing us from getting your document. If possible, try opening this document in Microsoft Word." Office WebApp Error

"Sorry, Word Web App can't open this ... document because the service is busy." Office WebApp

Unable to create a "Send to Connection"- verification failed -url is a not a valid routing destination